Sunday, December 8, 2013

My 23andMe DNA Composition


Posted above are my new 23andMe results: 88.2% Sub-Saharan African, 8.9% European, 0.6% East Asian & Native American, 2.3% Unassigned. However, originally my results were:

  • 89.8% Sub-Saharan African
  • 8.5% European
  • 0.5% East Asian & Native American
  • 2.1% Unassigned
My experience with 23andMe has been great even with the recent FDA halt of the company's testing services. However, I appreciate being able to connect with others of the same haplogroup.

My paternal haplogroup (E1B1A8A) has many with ancestry from Alabama, which is where my father was from. While I am not surprised, I just find it enlightening and I hope somehow we can connect the dots.

I have not utilized the African Ancestry DNA testing, but two responses, one from Cameroon and the Republic of Congo has sparked my interest to see where my paternal family originated and see exactly where and how I am connected in Africa.

Angelo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angelo! Checkout the latest FDA Press Release from 23andMe. They are still testing & providing Health DATA. They are just not producing the Health related REPORTS until the get the green light. Here's the link -- http://mediacenter.23andme.com/press-releases/23andme-inc-provides-update-on-fda-regulatory-review. Keep blogging!:)

    ReplyDelete